After our great fundraiser over the summer we sent round a survey to the membership to work out what our priorities should be for investment. We've started getting on with some of the projects so it's a good time to post an update.
There were two projects that were deemed essential by the committee:
- Installing new secure doors to the club and changing rooms. The (steel) doors have now been installed to the main entrance and the home and away changing rooms. There were one or two teething issues but they work well - thanks to Louis Kingwill for his help with this.
- Getting additional storage space. We are looking to source a storage container and we will need to decide where to put it.
The second batch of projects are underway, comprising:
- Adding a disabled toilet inc. baby changing - space has been identified at the bar end of the skittle alley (at the centre of the photo above), and an initial quote for work has been requested
- Patio doors at the pitchside of the clubhouse (next to the bar) - quotes requested
- A new TV - the existing projector system needs upgrading and the Players are keen to watch Premiership/International matches at the Club (within Covid restrictions obviously). We have sourced a 55" TV and it will be mounted where the Honours Board currently sits. The Honours Board will be moved to the alcove where the projector screen is currently. This will provide better seating arrangements.
There were a number of other projects identified from the survey which are a lower priority at the moment; it's important to make sure the initial batch of work is completed and not to get over-committed with peoples' time.
Finally it seems there may be Community Rugby permitted in some form in the not too distant future. This is likely to be on a very local basis and we'll keep everyone posted when there is any news.